If you made a list today of things you want to teach your daughter, what would be on it?
-You are loved – no matter what.
-We will argue and we will both make mistakes. Know I’m always doing what I think is best for you at the time.
-People remember how you made them feel. Throw kindness around like confetti.
-Apologize when you’re wrong. It’s hard. Do it anyway.
We’d also like to add:
- Make friends who challenge you, and who might think differently than you do.
- Be proud to be imperfect.
- Ask for help when you need it.
- Want to learn – like REALLY learn – responsibility? Try getting a pet.
- Always tell the truth.
- Don’t stress too much.
- If you’re upset with someone – tell them to their face. This is a chance for your friendship to go through something hard – and grow from it.
- Be BRAVE. Do stuff that scares you a little. Like…
- Play with fire, own a pocketknife, throw a spear, and take an appliance apart
- Pay attention to the things you’re good at. This might help you decide what you want to spend your life doing!
- Look for the positive things in all situations.
- Use your resources wisely, and make the world a better place.
What would you add?